Focusing on cash flow optimization can help companies reduce unnecessary costs, improve the customer experience, and regain profits more quickly once markets stabilize.
Director of Administration of BMB Group
A couple of months into the COVID-19 pandemic that struck the world unexpectedly (and with full force), causing uncertainty and instability for both companies and individuals alike, we all learnt that the first challenge in keeping our enterprises running was cash flow. Most industries were hit hard, and consequently, businesses were forced to lay off employees, especially in the oil and gas, hospitality, retail, travel, and entertainment sectors. Others, such as tech companies, benefited from the lockdown.
Therefore, only the strongest and the fastest action takers survived, and for survival, the first point to tackle is always the cash flow. Cash is king for any establishment. Overall, this pandemic has forced all businesses to rethink their strategies, and focus on determining how their business will look like once the world economy emerges from this crisis. Here are some of our tips from BMB Group to help businesses improve working capital:
1. Drive change by identifying your priorities Firstly, understand your financial situation, and, secondly, prepare a thorough assessment of the business and where it currently stands.
2. Prioritize cash flow Focusing on cash flow optimization can help companies reduce unnecessary costs, improve the customer experience, and regain profits more quickly once markets stabilize. Start focusing on quick win opportunities within the company, and promote cash culture across the organization such as:
3. Improve visibility Ensure KPIs are available for business leaders to use in order to drive action plans. Provide your managers with real-time, intelligent dashboards that equip them with the insight they need.
4. Consider customers and suppliers Monitor the financial health of customers and suppliers. Work with customers to set a good incentive for payments. Prepare a set of payment priorities to suppliers, so that your operation will not be affected, and focus on settling all the important payment to suppliers that you may need currently.
Related: Recession-Proof Marketing: Five Tips For Your Business To Ride The Tsunami Caused By The COVID-19 Crisis
5. Look for new customers Businesses should focus on generating new leads which will help with bringing new clients, even at a time when every other business is going through a crisis.
6. Products diversification Adjust your products/services so that they are not only useful during the pandemic, but after it as well. Various businesses should look for the emerging trends that will come out of this pandemic to make them stronger than before.
7. Focus on digital transformation Optimizing online presence can significantly improve efficiency and effectiveness, drastically reduce transactional work, and help in reorganizing processes.
In conclusion, keep in mind that, in times of crisis, company leaders need to create a detailed contingency plan that will help the business consider various scenarios in advance. This approach will improve peace of mind among team members and prevent panic when the next problem occurs. It is important to always empower your employees to respond more effectively and minimize the losses in resolving the issue. Human beings are adaptive creatures by nature, and the current pandemic should be considered a means towards further evolution and growth.
Related: Move Fast And Fix Things: How Dubai's Startups Are Stepping Up With Solutions For "The New Normal"
Read more from Entrepreneur
CMS owned www.PayOnlyForSales.com
Pay Only For Sales dot com is a network partner of the largest reward network in the USA.
PayOnlyForSales.com Call us 631-780-4607 Watch This Video Click Here
Restaurants, Retailers & Service Businesses Pay Only For Sales Not You're Advertising
Advertise on the best websites & apps FOR FREE and only pay for in-store sales.
We Bring ChaChing ©™SM
Lower your cost of Business POS Credit Card transaction fees fast!
Accept Credit Cards Every Way Customers Want to Pay
Never Miss a Sale Again. Sign Up Now
Accept All Major Credit Cards. No waiting to get your money, Get your money daily, yes 7 days a week!
We can reverse fees to customers at your option to encourage cash transactions.
We are global and part of the largest network of business services in this space, provide direct personal customer service we have what you need for all business types restaurants, gas stations, startups, online, retail, hotel, motel, services business small business, street fair, food trucks, landscaper, contractor, swipe, POS systems for all needs.
Cha Ching Biz ©™SM